| 1 pound dry ziti pasta || 1 onion, chopped |
|6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced ||1 pound lean ground beef|
| 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded|| 1 1/2 cups sour cream|
| 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese||2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add ziti pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows:
- 1/2 of the ziti,
- Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted.
Slow Cooker Zesty Chicken Barbecue
|6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves || 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce|
| 1/4 cup brown sugar|| 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing|
| 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|| |
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix:
- barbecue sauce
- Italian salad dressing
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
|2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage||2 tablespoons lime juice|
|8 (6 inch) flour tortillas|| 2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into strips||4 green onions, thinly sliced|
| salt and ground black pepper to taste||1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise|
- Mix the sour cream and lemon juice together in a large bowl; Season with salt and black pepper.
- Making your reservation in about half of the mixture into another bowl before serving.
- Minced half the jalapeno pepper; Save half for later. Toss cabbage, green onions and minced jalapeno half in remaining sour cream mixture to slaw is well blended.
- Heat the olive oil and the remaining jalapeno half in a large skillet over medium heat; Swirl oil to coat evenly skillet.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Pan-Fry fish strips in the frying pan in 2 batches until fish is golden and easily flakes with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes. Jalapeno half ignore it.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave on high until hot, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Serve the fish in heated tortilla, garnished with cabbage slaw, reserved sour cream mixture and cilantro.
|1 pound lean ground beef ||1 small onion, chopped |
| 1 enchilada sauce mix ||10 (10 inch) flour tortillas|
| 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese||1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, draine |
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium skillet over medium high heat, Cook the ground beef and onion until beef is evenly Brown and onion is tender.
- Prepare the enchilada sauce according to package directions.
- 1/4 pour cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Each flour tortilla, place an equal share of the ground beef mixture and about 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, reservation of at least 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Then tightly roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.